Rikers Island: 18-18 Hazen Street East Elmhurst, NY 11370
CHECK THE SCHEDULE/HOURS.
Each prisoner have different allotted time slot of the day to see visitors. Make sure to check VISITING SCHEDULE and look up your permitted visit time by the FIRST LETTER of your friend’s last name.
WED, THU: 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m
FRI, SAT, SUN: 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
NO VISITS ON MON/TUES.
Up to 3 visitors are allowed at the same time. Detainees can have visits 3 times per week. Sentenced prisoners can have 2 times per week.
Before you go, read NYC-DOC site to check how to visit.
- Clothing with holes or rips that are located more than three inches above the knee
- Hooded garments
- Hats and head coverings (excluding religious head coverings)
- Clothing identifying a specific gang by name or logo
- Clothing that makes explicit reference to obscene language, drugs, sex or violence
- Swimming attire
- See-through garments
- Jewelry (excluding a wedding ring and one religious medal no more than two inches in diameter hung on chain of one quarter-inch or less in diameter and no longer than 24 inches
- Tops, including dresses, which expose the chest, stomach or back
- Shorts, skirts or dresses the hem of which is more than three inches above the knee
- Spandex leggings unless covered by tops, shorts, skirts or dresses the hem of which is no more than three inches above the knee
- Outer garments including coats, shawls, ponchos, jackets, vests, gloves, or over-boots or overshoes (outer boots or shoes that slip over other shoes)