SEND MONEY FOR COMMISSARY FUNDS
WHAT ARE COMMISSARY FUNDS?
A Commissary is a store inside prisons where prisoners can purchase things like personal hygiene items, stationery supplies and snacks. Commissary funds are deposited to a prisoner’s account.
HOW CAN I SEND MONEY?
You can send money electronically or mail certified checks/money order by mail. Cash is NOT accepted.
PAY with DEBIT or CREDIT:
Option1: You can donate to CTT Paypal account. Click HERE.
Option 2: Send money directly to commissary funds through one of the 2 agencies:
JPAY (More user-friendly but takes $6.95 fee)
WESTERN UNION (There’s $3.95 fee)
- Select “NYC DEPT OF CORRECTION” from the drop-down menu
- Enter prisoner’s ID # and amount
- Create account.
- Proceed with payment with Credit/Debit.
Don’t know the ID#? Use the “Inmate Lookup System” on NYC-DOC.
- Click HERE.
- Enter first, last name and date of birth of the prisoner.
- On the page with their name on it, click the “Send Money” button.
- This brings up an instruction page. Click on the logo for the money transfer agent (JPAY or WU) you want to use. This takes you to the money transfer agent’s website.
- Follow the directions at the money transfer agent’s website to complete your money transfer.
Don’t have Credit/Debit card? Alternatively, you can purchase and use Mastercard or Visa gift card.
WALK-IN, by CASH or CREDIT/DEBIT:
Click HERE to find a Kiosk location near you. WU offers transfers by phone, internet and walk in. The City Code required by Western Union to transfer funds is “NYCITYDOC” and the State Code is “NY“. The “Inmate ID #” will also be required to make a deposit.